Terms and Conditions
This website is owned and operated by Global Sports Travel and Tours Pty Ltd (Global Sports Travel) based in Australia at Suite 21, 2962 Logan Road, Underwood QLD 4119.
These Terms and Conditions apply between the client (“you”) and Global Sports Travel and Tours Pty Ltd (Global Sports travel) or (“us”) and relate to the sale of “Travel Packages”, event ticket packages, and other travel amenities by us to you in connection with the Events (“The Event”). These booking conditions apply to any booking, which you make with us, so you should read them carefully. They contain some exclusions and limitations of liability.
- Your Responsibilities:The person making the booking (the ‘lead passenger’) must be 18 (eighteen) years old or over and possess the legal capacity and authority to make the booking and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of everyone in their party and accepts the specific Event Ticket Terms & Conditions (a copy of which will be provided by Global Sports Travel on request by You). Whether you book alone or as a group, we will only deal with the lead passenger in all subsequent correspondence, including changes, amendments, and cancellations. As the applicable reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ includes any person in your party. The lead passenger is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the personal details or any other information supplied in respect of yourself and any other person travelling on the booking and for passing on any information regarding the booking or any changes made in relation thereto, to all persons travelling on such booking, including but not limited to information on schedule changes or copies of booking confirmations.
- Payment Arrangements: Your payments to us should be made to the bank account detailed on your invoice. Payments made by credit card will incur a 2.2% service charge that will be added to each payment.
- Deposit: You may need to pay a deposit to us at the time of booking in the amount notified to you at the time of booking. You may also be required to pay for any non-transferable and non-refundable items such as special airfares, tickets, attraction tickets or entry permits and any other applicable supplements due at the time of booking. Some airfares are booked at especially competitive rates to which airlines may attach severe restrictions. You may be asked to pay for these in full at the time of booking and they may be non-refundable in the event of cancellation. It is your responsibility to request us for a detailed refundable and non-refundable components breakdown prior to the payment of deposit. Any currency conversion costs, bank charges or any other charges incurred in you making payment shall be borne in full by you and shall not be deductible from amounts due to Global Sports Travel. PLEASE NOTE: All deposits are non-refundable.
- Balance Payment: We will invoice you for the balance of the cost due before you travel, which you must pay not later than 180 days before departure or by the balance due date detailed on your confirmation. To pay your final balance, amend your booking or discuss any other aspect of your booking directly with us, call us on +61 3105 2852.
- If you book less than 180 days before departure (or 180 days before the event date), full payment must be made at the time of the booking.
- Late Payment:If any amount due to us has not been received by the due date and we have still not received payment from you three (3) days after serving notice to you requesting such payment, we shall be entitled to; (a) charge you interest on all amounts outstanding at eight percent (8%) above the prevailing base rate of Reserve Bank of Australia as it may vary from time to time from the date payment became due until actual payment is made, (b) refuse to supply any services, and (c) claim for all reasonable further losses and costs suffered by us as a result of nonpayment and/or late payment.
- E-Mail Confirmation: When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions. An agreement will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice, for the internet or email bookings an agreement will exist as soon as the booking is confirmed over the web, by email or verbally by telephone. The confirmation shall be raised against the Confirmed Travel and Event Packages and we will send this to you together with the Agreement that was signed by you and where relevant amended, subject to availability, in accordance with your instructions (the “Confirmation”) requesting payment in accordance with the payment schedule offered. Confirmation will be sent within two-three business days. Please check your spam files in case you do not receive the confirmation.
- Booking Form/Web Booking: In order to secure your place as part of the travel package, you must complete the booking form or complete your order via our website. Should you have any questions, please review the terms and conditions and call or email us for clarification. If submitting manually please complete, print, scan and email the booking form to sales.uk@GlobalSports.travel. Please return your completed booking form along with your applicable deposit or full payment.
- Pre-Booking Payment:.Payment of Pre-booking fee does not guarantee of availability. The pre-booking fee is 100% refundable anytime prior to availability being guaranteed. An offer to purchase any such pre-booked packages will be sent to the guests minimum six months prior to the matches booked. This offer will only be made to the guests who pre-book their packages with us. Once an offer to purchase has been made and availability of the packages been guaranteed the pre-booking fee paid will become non-refundable and must only be used towards the packages requested. This arrangement is made available for your convenience and in many cases will be subject to our appointment as an Official Travel Agent or an authorized reseller. Depending on the terms and conditions of the event or the game, we may secure pre-booked packages from third-party vendors or marketplaces.
- The Sales Price: Subject to any cancellations in accordance with these Terms and Conditions you agree to pay the total amount payable as set out in the Confirmation (The “Sales Rate”). We acknowledge that this amount shall include all applicable charges and taxes (except airport taxes and airline fuel surcharges and levies) at the prevailing rate. The person completing the booking (including web, telephone or email bookings) accepts responsibility for payment for all of the persons on the booking and is responsible for informing all party members of the relevant booking details and conditions. On tickets and/or hospitality there may be a premium charged above face value, to sold-out events, which reflect our costs of obtaining preferred seating. This premium is based on supply and demand along with seat location. If priced in foreign currency, all prices are based on current exchange rates and are subject to fluctuation.
- Variations in the sale price: Please note that sales prices can change at any time. These tickets and/or packages are based on first come – first served and all prices are subject to fluctuation.
- Shipping: All orders are subject to the secured shipping fee. Clients are responsible for this shipping fee unless otherwise noted.
- Accommodations: The accommodations used in these packages are based on the room share requested. Hotel categories used in these packages are based on the national standard in the country the event takes place. Items such as size, ambience, facilities, location, distances from venue and airport are all taken into account based on availability. Hotels vary from property to property. Regardless of your arrival or departure times for the hotel, early check-in or late check-out cannot be offered. You or your guest may be required by the Hotel upon check-in (arrival) to guarantee payment of incidental charges with a major credit card or cash deposit. Accommodations are based on two people sharing a room. Requests for specific bedding arrangements must be made at the time of booking and this will be passed on to the accommodations provider. This is considered a special request and this cannot always be provided during international events. Requests for rollaway beds, connecting/adjoining rooms, and smoking/non-smoking preferences, as well as any requests noted, are considered Special Requests. These Special Requests are not guaranteed by the hotels and will be honoured depending on availability at check-in. Name List must be received no later than 45 days prior to the start of the tour. Any names received or changed after 30 days prior to tour will be assessed a $75 per occurrence administrative fee.Passengers must check into the hotel on the scheduled arrival day of the package to avoid being considered a “no show” by the hotel. If a passenger is determined a “no show” by the hotel/vendor, Global Sports Travel has no control over hotel/vendor policies and cannot provide refunds/adjustments. In the event, you will be late arriving, contact the hotel or vendor involved.
- Ground Transportation: Transportation is only included when specifically mentioned in the package inclusions as indicated on your travel invoice. Participants will be responsible for any-on board or hand carried baggage. Transportation providers are NOT obligated to wait for customers who do not comply with the schedule requirements. Minors under the age of (18) must be accompanied by an adult on all models of transportation.
- Air Transportation: Airfares may be changed (increased) at any time without notice. However, airfares are guaranteed at the time of ticketing. Full payment is required for ticketing. Any changes in flight itineraries after issuance of tickets may result in an increased airfare. Global Sports Travel will not be responsible for any lost or stolen baggage. Participants will be responsible for any-on board or hand carried baggage. The departure schedule published in the program or quoted on request is accurate at the time of printing or quoting, and no changes in dates, time, or equipment are anticipated. However, in the unlikely event that it should become necessary to alter any of the above, Global Sports Travel cannot be held responsible for any changes which may occur and reserve the right to adjust the price of any travel arrangements at anytime due to airfare and land arrangement price increases, currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, currency exchange rates or number of passengers travelling at the same time. Everything possible will be done to notify the passengers of accurate flight details. In the event that our agents are unable to contact you, we suggest that you reconfirm your flights directly with the airline at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of your departure.
- Airport taxes/Fuel Surcharges: As a general rule, this would not occur unless you are travelling on a group agreement with the airline. These are not included in the tour cost as they are continually changing i.e. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, adding and deleting of taxes etc. Taxes will be advised and payable at the time of final payment. In the event, that you are scheduled to fly based on an Airfare group contract, you may be responsible to pay airline and government taxes. Should this occur, you will be notified of your invoice.
- Inclusions: Each package includes only those items specifically mentioned on invoice prepared and sent via email.
- Currency Conversion: All prices are per person and are based on AUD. Global Sports Travel reserves the right to increase prices based on international currency fluctuations. This stipulation is in effect until full payment of the package has been received by us. Prices may fluctuate based on dates of travel and matches selected.
- Service Charge and Taxes: The cost of travel programs include all service charges, and local taxes normally payable on any service included, with the exception of possible Transportation Taxes and Customs Security Fees, local airport taxes, and departure taxes if and where applicable.
- Passports and Visas: Please ensure that your passport and any necessary visas are valid for your complete trip and that the name on your passport matches the name on your airline ticket. Most countries require passengers to have at least six months validity remaining on a full 10-year passport. You should check details of passport and visa requirements for your chosen destination with the appropriate Embassy, Consulate or Home Country of your passport Office for exact requirements for your date of travel. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct passport and visas to gain access to any country/region included in the travel arrangements which you purchase from us. If you fail to do so, we have no liability to you for any cost, loss or damage which you suffer, nor will we refund you the cost of any unused portion of your travel arrangements. In some cases, countries will refuse entry to clients that have criminal records. Should you be concerned about this, please check with the embassy or consulate of the countries to which you are travelling. Health & Safety: For medical advice regarding your journey, including vaccinations, please contact the appropriate Embassy or your host Government.
- International Travel:We may operate trips in regions where standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, medical facilities and other infrastructure may, at times, be lower than those you normally expect and your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize the hazards involved in travelling to such regions, including injury, disease, loss of property, inconvenience and discomfort. The whole concept of this type of international travel is one that allows alternatives and a substantial degree of on-trip flexibility. Changes in itinerary may be caused by local political conditions, flight cancellations, mechanical breakdown, weather, border restrictions, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances.
- Lost Vouchers/Tickets: Global Sports Travel assumes no liability for lost or stolen travel vouchers or tickets. However, our staff will assist whenever possible pertaining to lost documents.
- Advisement by Travel Agents: Travel Agents cannot complete the Booking Form on behalf of their client. Individual travellers must be fully aware of all Terms and Conditions and that they fully understand that he/she is subject to Global Sports Travel booking requirements and policies.
- Travel Documents: International travel documents will be delivered to your mailing address at least 7 days prior to departure via Australian Post. Under no circumstances will Global Sports Travel release documents without full payment.
- Booking Amendments: Should you wish to change or amend your reservation after the deposit has been received, Global Sports Travel will do it’s very best to accommodate your request. An amendment fee of $75 AUD per amendment will be levied. In addition, you will be liable for any increased cost of the new arrangements and cancellation costs of originally booked reservation.
- Cancellations, Refund Policy – International Events:All payments are non-refundable on International Ticket/Travel packages for special events. All cancellations must be in writing. Services included in this package and not used are non-refundable. No refunds will be made for unused hotel accommodations, transportation, meals not taken or any other services not used due to flight delays, schedule changes or any other reason. We are not liable for refunds under the following circumstances that are beyond our control: event postponement, rescheduling or time changes due to weather, illness, mechanical failure, construction, flight delays or for any other reason. No refund will be made for unused tour features. Trip cancellation insurance and baggage insurance coverage is highly recommended
- Our Liability to you: In order to supply you with Ticket/Travel Packages we have contracted with third-party suppliers which we will take reasonable care and skill to ensure are reputable. Our role after that point is to secure your booking with the suppliers and although we will try to resolve matters where the suppliers have not complied with any of its obligations, we emphasize that we do not have control over the actual services provided to you by the suppliers. We shall not be liable for any costs, direct or indirect damage (“Damage”) in connection with your use of the packages. We shall not be liable in the event of gross negligence of the suppliers. We shall not be liable for any damages that are untypical and unforeseeable under this Agreement.
- Your Liability to us: Although we arrange your reservation with the suppliers, we cannot be held responsible for the acts and omissions of you and any of the clients who use the confirmed services reserved by you. In the event of any claim, cost or expense arising against us in respect of any such act or omission (if such claim, cost, and expense is not without foundation), you confirm that you will bear the responsibility for this, either by settling and paying for such claims, costs or expenses or, if you dispute any such claim, cost or expense, that you will be responsible for the costs arising in defending such a claim including our own reasonable costs (if any).
- Independent Contractors: For the avoidance of any doubt, you and ourselves shall each be and remain independent contractors with respect to each other and with respect to all rights obtained and services performed. Nothing herein shall be construed to: (a) Constitute you and ourselves as partners, joint ventures or co-owners; (b) Constitute you or us as the agent, employee or representative of the other; (c) Empower you or us to act for, bind or otherwise create or assume any obligations on behalf of the other.
- Event Seating: International Event ticket Categories represent the ticket category that corresponds to the designated seating location for the particular area at each venue. Categories range from 1 or A through 4 or D. There are three different price categories depending on venue. Not all price categories are available at each venue. Category 1 or A is considered to be the best seating option, with Category 2 or B being next and then Category 3 or C. Tickets from any category guarantee you a seat within that category. This is determined by the venue and official authorities and we do not have any control over the exact positions in the Categories. The Cat 1 or Cat A tickets are the highest priced while the Cat 4 or Cat D tickets tend to be on the lower priced tickets. We will however always do our best to get you the best possible seats of your choice. But we cannot guarantee any particular rows or seat numbers. Seats are normally delivered in groups. For groups booking we will do our best to have all your tickets together, however, this is not guaranteed. In the event that your desired category/level that you purchased is not available based on allocations received, the next best seating category will be provided. For additional information on Event seating for domestic and international events please visit our website page of the event you are interested in. Australian Open 2019 also offers following additional category of tickets: Super Row and On Court Seating. For further information on any additional tickets categories or hospitality options offered, please contact us prior to making a booking via our website.
- Ticket Responsibilities: We are not responsible for misplaced or stolen tickets. Tickets cannot be replaced if they are lost or damaged, so avoid exposing them to excessive sunlight or any other damaging agent. Upon receipt of tickets, you have 24 hours to contact us about any discrepancies about your tickets and/or seat locations. All times listed on our site are local for the event. But dates and times are subject to change and should be verified by the buyer on the week of the event. Global Sports Travel does not own all of the tickets on our site. We work with a network of suppliers, so we can offer you the largest selection.
- Ticket Pricing: Global Sports Travel is not the official box office for any of the events for which we sell individual tickets. Our selling price and the original price of the ticket will vary due to premium costs associated with obtaining tickets in the high demand marketplace. Prices can often be many times that of the original face value listed on the ticket. Global Sports Travel acts only as an intermediary arranging delivery for individual tickets. All tickets are confirmed by contracts.
- Buying Tickets or Tickets inclusive Travel Packages: All sales are final – there are no refunds or exchanges. Orders are not confirmed until a Global Sports Travel representative has reviewed the order. If there is a problem you will be contacted within two (2) business days. We accept all major credit cards. All prices for Australian events are in Australian Dollars. International events could vary depending on the event. When your order is submitted, an email is sent to your email address. You should receive an email right away. Often times, our email confirmations are sent to Spam Filters. Please check your spam Filters for an email from GlobalSports.travel or GlobalSports.travel
- Notices: All notices, demands, requests or other communications shall be in writing and shall be mailed first class or transmitted by hand delivery or fax addressed as follows: (a) If intended for us address to Global Sports Travel, Suite 21, 2962 Logan Road, Underwood QLD 4119 Australia; (b) if intended for you, at the address provided by you and given on your invoice or to such other address as may be designated by you in writing to us. Such notices, demands or other communications shall be deemed given upon receipt. In the case of transmission by fax, confirmation of the transmission must be made by mailing the original notice demand or communication not later than the business day following the transmission.
- Website Pricing: We strive to provide accurate information and pricing, but pricing or typographical errors may occur. In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information, we shall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that item. In the event that an item is mispriced, we may, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellations. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. Package prices are subject to change at any time as supply and demand dictate. Family package rates will vary. The maximum number of guests per room is three, with a maximum of two beds. World Cup ticket prices cannot be discounted regardless of age.
- Severability: If any provision or portion of any provision is held to be unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity and enforceability of the enforceable portion of any such provisions shall not be affected by this.
- Binding Agreement: Both you and we intend to rely upon the written terms set out here in the Terms and Conditions and in the Confirmation. If either party requires any changes which are agreed by the other, both parties should make sure to ask that these be put in writing. Both parties acknowledge that this is a legally binding document.
- Resolution of Complaints: If you encounter a problem in relation to the services being supplied you should immediately inform the Hotel or supplier and also our own local representative who will do what they can to resolve matters to your satisfaction. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please call our office at +61429053007 for further assistance. Please raise your concerns immediately as this may impact the way your complaint will be handled by the vendor and our responsibility to resolve it.
- Authority and Behavior: While being a participant in Global Sports Travel Product it is necessary that you abide by the authority of our staff and company representatives. If you commit any illegal act or if in our reasonable opinion or the reasonable opinion of our staff, Company representative or another person in authority indicates your behavior is disruptive, threatening or abusive, causes unnecessary inconvenience or is causing or likely to cause damage to property, distress or upset, disturbance or annoyance to others or puts any other person or staff in any risk, we may terminate our travel arrangements with any liability on our part.
- Force Majeure:The performance of this Agreement by either party is subject to acts of God, war, government action or decree, disaster, strikes (other than strikes by our staff), riot or civil disorder, acts of terrorism, curtailment of transportation (to the extent such curtailment was beyond our reasonable control), inclement weather, the postponement or cancellation of the Event, or it’s being relocated to another venue or any other emergencies beyond the affected party’s control making it illegal or impossible to provide services. In the event that performance of this Agreement is not possible by reason of Force Majeure, Neither party shall be deemed to be in breach of the terms of this Agreement and neither party shall then be obligated in any manner to the other with respect to such performance. Compensation will not be payable by either. To the extent, we recover monies from the Hotels and other service providers we will refund such monies to you and we will use our reasonable efforts to obtain such recovery.
- Cancellation, Refund Policy: All cancellations must be in writing. The cancellation fee for some of the products may vary from 70% – 100%. Services included in this package and not used are non-refundable. No refunds will be made for unused hotel accommodations, transportation, meals not taken or any other services not used due to flights delays, schedule changes or any other reason.
- Travel Insurance: Don’t leave home without it. It is vital when travelling that you are properly insured.You can protect yourself against covered cancellation penalties if you cancel for a reason covered by the insurance policy you choose. All insurance policies are different. Please read all insurance policy documents very carefully to be sure you fully understand them.
- Responsibility: Global Sports Travel (hereinafter shall be called “the Company” is acting as an independent intermediary for suppliers in selling services, or in accepting reservations or booking for services which are not directly supplied by this company such as hotel accommodations, ground transportation, meals, tours, event tickets and air transportation. This company, therefore, shall not be responsible for breach of contract or any actions or omissions on the part of such suppliers, which result in any loss, damage, delay or injury to you or your travel companions or group members. The Company is not responsible for any personal injury, property damage, or other loss of services you may suffer or incur from the acts or failure to act on the part of any service provider. All ticket coupons and orders are furnished and issued subject in all respects to the foregoing and to any and all terms and conditions under which the transportation and other service and accommodation provided thereby are offered or supplied. The Company accepts no responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay or changes in schedules, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine, or other causes. All such losses or expenses will be borne by the passengers. Baggage is “at owner’s risk” throughout the tour unless insured. Small articles (coats, cameras, umbrellas, etc) are entirely in the care of the passengers. The right is reserved to decline to accept or to return any person as a member of any tour and to cancel or alter the tour. Schedules mentioned/published and rates quoted are in effect at time of printing and are subject to change without notice having regards to unforeseen circumstances, foreign exchange fluctuations and variations in airline operating costs including but not limited to say an escalation of fuel prices. Unused services cannot be refunded or exchanged. The Company reserves the right to cancel and/or modify the itineraries where circumstances require and may substitute hotels or other services where necessary. Airline liability for passenger’s baggage is limited by tariffs. The Client, by engaging the company and making deposit and/or full payment for the package arrangement specified, acknowledges the position of the company as stipulated by the foregoing and agrees to hold the company blameless in making the arrangements on his behalf, and further agrees that restitution of damages, if any are claimed, shall be sought directly from the suppliers. In circumstances where the liability of Global Sports Travel cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased item that is in dispute. As indicated above, rates are subject to changes without notice. Tours and event tickets are subject to availability. Payment of deposit or full payment shall constitute the consent of all provisions stated herein, which are part of this offer. Protect your investment with Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
- Our contact details:E-mail: sales.uk@GlobalSports.travel Phone: +61 7 3105 2852
- Address: Global Sports Travel and Tours Pty Ltd, Suite 21, 2962 Logan Road, Underwood QLD 4119 (Australia)